Warm up your soul this Winter with some Rasam !January 20, 2017
5 top reasons for a massageJanuary 26, 2017
Key highlights of this post:
1 cup cream of wheat
5 ripe bananas
¼ th cup fresh grated coconut
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ th teaspoon salt
4 tbsp ghee
½ – ¾ th cup sucanat/ jaggery/ brown sugar
¼ th cup of pecans
¼ th cup of raisins
1. Heat a pan with ghee and cream of wheat in it. Roast the cream of wheat on a medium low heat for 10 minutes until the cream of wheat becomes slightly brown. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
2. Peel and mash the bananas. In a big mixing bowl add roasted cream of wheat, mashed banana, pecans, coconut, raisins, sucanat/jaggery/brown sugar and salt.
3. Mix all the ingredients very well and add baking soda. Let it sit for 20 minutes. If cream of wheat has absorbed all the liquid add little water.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the baking dish, pour in the mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy when warm!
Baked Banana cake