Who is Ms. Pitta ?January 30, 2017
Who is Kid Kapha ?February 4, 2017
How to make tasty Ayurvedic Asparagus
Key highlights of this post:
Time Required: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 people
1 pound asparagus
½ cup cream of rice/wheat
¾ teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon Asafetida (hing) powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1. Clean and wash asparagus thoroughly.
2. Cut into half –about 5 inch pieces.
3. In a container, mix asparagus with salt and a pinch of asafetida and let it marinate for 5 minutes.
4. In a plate, mix cream of rice/wheat, cayenne, turmeric and asafetida. Spread it evenly in the plate.
5. Roll marinated asparagus in above plate to coat it with the cream of rice/wheat mix
6. Heat a pan and grease with a little olive oil.
7. Put asparagus in the pan, add one tablespoon olive oil, cover it and cook for about 4 minutes.
8. Turn the asparagus over, add one tablespoon olive oil and cook for about 4 minutes.
9. Serve when hot.
1. Simple and easy way of making asparagus tasty and savory for adults and children
2. Cayenne, turmeric and asafetida make asparagus easy to digest and prevent flatulence
3. When consumed in moderation, asparagus cooked this way balances Vata, Pitta & Kapha