Team of Integrative Health ExpertsNovember 9, 2017
11/18 Upcoming Class: Morning Wellness RoutineNovember 15, 2017
What is Oil Pulling? And why should you incorporate this into your lifestyle?
Oil pulling is a technique done first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth and on an empty stomach.
1. Place 1 TBS of oil in your mouth (traditionally sesame oil or coconut oil is used)
2. Move the oil throughout your oral cavity by swishing it front, back, on the sides and all around
3. Do this for 7-9 minutes or until the oil mixes with the saliva and becomes thinner and enzymes in it changes it to white in color.
4. Spit out the oil (in the toilet so it does not clog your sink)
5. Rinse your mouth with warm water
6. Brush your teeth after procedure
-Makes teeth shine naturally white
-Promotes healthy growth of teeth and makes their roots strong
-Combats tooth hyper-sensitivity
-Helps in the recovery of gingivitis, mouth ulcers, sore throat, and a hoarse voice
-Sesame oil is rich in lignans and anti-oxidants and is good for connective tissue