Key highlights of this blog:
• It respects the uniqueness of the individual.
• It considers all the levels of the individual.
• It offers natural ways of treating diseases and promoting health.
• It emphasizes prevention.
• It emphasizes everyone to take responsibility for their own well being.
• It is cost-effective.
• It works.
Ayurveda is strikingly different from other medical sciences because it recognizes that each person is made up of a unique body type and a unique psychological personality. Thus, instead of assuming that all of us are identical machines or guinea pigs, Ayurveda respects the uniqueness of each person. Secondly, Ayurveda does not limit itself to physical or psychological dimensions. It considers all the levels of a person, which include spiritual, emotional, intellectual, behavioral, physical, familial, social, environmental, and universal.
Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of creating and maintaining positive health. The focus is on preventing the imbalances that lead to disease. For prevention as well as for treatment, an individualized, multidimensional approach is taken.